Best Drugstore Concealers For Under-Eye Dark Circles

Since I started wearing masks, I've been skipping foundation more and more, but I've been more into concealer. Because talking about concealer offers two benefits, I choose to talk about concealer for the under-eye area. If the goal is to use it under the eyes, it can also be used as a foundation, so you can use it in the center of your face. 

drugstore concealers

So, when it comes to concealer for under eye area, I want something hydrating not drying because our under-eye area skin is the thinnest part of our face so if you put too much product on top of it or two mattifying products it is more likely to crease and look cakey so, we all want to make sure that it looks very natural. I don't try to cover my under-eye area 100% because I know that it is impossible and if I put too much product to cover my skin it’s gonna be too dry and it's gonna create more wrinkles so I don't want that I would rather cover 70% or 80% of my dark under-eye area. I always put a corrector first before I apply a concealer because it is more effective to cancel out the darkness of my face rather than using a lot amount of concealer and also when I apply a concealer, I don't use any applicator like a sponge or brush so, I want something blending really easily with fingertips. Below, are some of the best drugstore concealers on shelves today. 

1. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer:

I’ve been using this product for over five years on and off. Its consistency is creamy and it has a pretty lightweight pigment so, it blends into the skin really well. This product has medium coverage and it is fragrance-free which I love about it. I use three shades of this concealer which are: shades 20, 25, and 30 and they all have different undertones. Shade 20 sand is a warm undertone, 25 medium is a neutral undertone and 35 deep is a cool undertone. 

When it comes to drugstore concealer, I think it is so hard to find a neutral undertone or olive undertone and they are normally too warm or too cool so I really appreciate seeing drugstore concealer with neutral undertones.  This product has a matte finish even though it has pretty natural-looking medium coverage. I have dry to normal skin or a little bit in dry side nowadays so for me this concealer is too dry but if you have oily skin or normal skin it's gonna be worth to try.

drugstore concealers

2. NYX Born to Glow Radiant Concealer:

This product has medium to full coverage and I use the shade medium olive. Even though they claim this product to be radiant I don't see any radiance coming from it so this is just a matte concealer. This product has a sponge applicator but I personally don't like this applicator because it's so hard to control the amount but if you want something really high coverage then I think it's gonna be worth a try. 

drugstore concealers

3. Wet N Wild Photo Focus Concealer:

This product has medium coverage and I use the light/medium beige shade. The thing about this product is it smells like old makeup or like alcohol smell so it's really bad but this product is vegan cruelty-free and fragrance-free. I just want to support this brand but the smell is so weird, the consistency is not that lightweight and it has medium coverage but this product takes a longer time to blend than other concealers so I found this a bit hard to use but this product makes me look a bit cakey or patchy so I found this not really natural-looking concealer.

drugstore concealers

4. Rimmel Lasting Matte Concealer:

This has medium coverage and I use the shade 25 true beige. Even though they describe this as a matte concealer I don't think this is not that matte. I think this is just a decent product because it does not dry out my skin that much. This product leaves a little bit of tacky finish but it doesn't bother me at all and I personally really like the brand Rimmel I think they have a pretty good range of products.

drugstore concealers

5. Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Eraser:

This product has light to medium coverage and the shade I use is nude and sand. This product has a really lightweight consistency and it blends into the skin really well but it has a matte finish so it's pretty dry under my eye area but if you have oily skin or normal skin and want something really lightweight with a matte finish you might want to try this product.

drugstore concealers

6. L.A Girl HD Pro Concealer:

This product has light to medium coverage and the shade I use is medium beige which is a cool undertone. I actually didn't have any expectations from this product because I just thought it's gonna be matte but it turns out it's pretty hydrating and also feels comfortable on my skin and if you have dry skin like me you might like this product and as they have a lot of shade ranges whether it's for concealer or corrector so I might try other corrector shades.

drugstore concealers

7. Revlon ColorStay Concealer:

This product has medium coverage and I use the shade medium. I actually like this shade I think it's definitely more on the neutral side. This product has a really hydrating and creamy consistency.  When you blend it out it sets into your skin really well and it does not dry on my skin. It doesn't have that lightweight or very thin texture so it is a more hydrating and creamy texture. This can be a pretty universal concealer because it is not dry and it has a really good amount of coverage. 

drugstore concealers

8. L’Oréal Paris True Match The One Concealer:

This is my favorite concealer, and the shade 4N is what I use. This product has light to medium coverage and the shade is a beige shade with neutral undertones so I think the shade is one of the main reasons I love this product because it's such a nice beautiful neutral shade that is so hard to find from drugstore products. It has really hydrating and creamy consistency and it does not dry on my skin at all so it is a really beautiful product. It blends into the skin really well. Compared to Maybelline fit me concealer this one is more hydrating and feels more comfortable so I really adore this product.

drugstore concealers

9. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Full Wear Waterproof Concealer:

This is also my favorite concealer and I use shade 300, shea pecan. This product has full coverage and a matte finish but it's my favorite. it's waterproof and it does not get removed with sweat I actually like using this product. Even though this product has high coverage and a matte finish it doesn't look cakey at all, it doesn't crease that much. It has thinner and lightweight consistency. This product is good to use especially nowadays when we have to wear a mask.

drugstore concealers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Drugstore Nude Lipsticks Under $10

Ingredients To Avoid If You Have Sensitive Skin

Why Do Korean Women Never Get Dark Circles?